Monday, May 23, 2011

ITG trip!

I'm on my way to The ITG Conference for the first time in seven years.

I have to admit, I'm pretty charged about it. Yes, I'll do all the trumpet nerd stuff, but I'm really looking forward to two things; hearing my student at UNM, Tony Sadlon, perform in the finals for the Solo Competition; and the hang that's going to happen. I'm really looking forward to reconnecting with several colleagues that I haven't seen in too long, as well as seeing some old college buddies from my days at Michigan. I also hope to make a few new friends along the way. It's gonna be a blast. Stay tuned, I'll be updating the week here.

I love going to these kind of conferences or festivals, mostly for the reason that it's great to be reminded of how many great guys and gals there are in this business. And if can learn something from them, all while having a few good beers AND a few good laughs, then it is all worth while, if you ask me!

And that's what these trips are all about!

Well, that, and geeking out in the exhibits!

I won't buy a new horn....I won't buy a new horn......I won't buy a new horn...... ;)

JM

No comments:

Post a Comment