Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Audition Blogs, Part One, Coda

So, nobody won.

Again, *sigh*

How does one deal with that info?  After the large number of auditions, all the amazing trumpet players that were turned away and a couple of great trumpeters in the finals, a winner still could not be chosen. Doesn't it just make you mad?

To me, the answer, as you could probably guess,  is no.

I don't know what factors lead to this decision.  Maybe the finalists played badly.  Maybe the conductor overruled the committee.  Again, who knows?  But I find it hard to get mad without the knowledge of really happened.

I repeat, though, it wasn't personal, it was business.

The bottom line is, that there will most likely be another opportunity to audition for the job, which is a good thing.  What's to be upset about?

As you're beginning to understand, I believe that auditions are not worth getting so worked up about.  Hard work is required, the ability to stay focused is important and a certain killer-instinct is necessary.  But beating yourself up over audition preparation or results is not helpful.  Yes, I've gotten angry with myself over how I might have played at an audition, but I've always been successful in letting it go and moving on to the next one.

That's because I never took it personally!  

You can only control ONE thing in auditions and that is.......................................

....................to be the topic in Part Two of The Audition Blogs!

See ya soon!

JM

No comments:

Post a Comment